Who we are
Our website is https://www.responsumhealth.com/
Responsum is specifically designed to provide a free, online tool for patients, caregivers and loved ones whose lives have been impacted by chronic disease. In order to provide an individualized, customized tool, we rely on information provided by patients related to their health status and personal attributes.
This Policy is designed to ensure that you understand our practices with respect to information we collect from you throughout the site. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this Policy, which are also incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions of Use of the site, to which you must agree in order to use the site.
Note that Responsum may update this Policy at any time. Any changes will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Policy on the site. If we make a material change to the terms of the Policy, we will post a notice that it has been revised on the home page of the site. If you use the site after that date, you will be deemed to have accepted the Policy’s updated terms.
1. When do we collect your personal information?
You may provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to us in the following ways:
- by registering as a Member
- by answering our intake survey
- by sharing personal information when you post comments on our blog posts, such as your email address or Twitter handle
- by responding to a pop up question about your health on your Newsfeed or Community Chat pages
- by agreeing to allow third party service providers to provide us information, such as, for example, a patient assistance program
- In addition to PII, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) from Users when they visit the site
2. What personal information do we collect?
The information Responsum collects from users through the site includes “Personally Identifiable Information” (“PII”), which is information that identifies an individual personally, such as first and last name, date of birth, postal address, email address, and telephone number. Examples of PII that we may collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Demographic or biographical information, such as age, gender, ethnicity, and location (city, state, country);
- Condition/disease information, including diagnosis, symptoms (e.g., frequency, duration, severity), family history;
- Course of treatment (e.g., medicines, surgeries, therapies, etc.), including side effects;
- Photographs or pictures;
- Laboratory or diagnostic test results;
- Electronic health records;
- Information shared via free text fields; and
- Connections to other users of the site
Responsum may collect this type of information from you when you voluntarily provide it through the site, such as when you fill out a survey or if you post it in comments on the site. The personally identifiable information that Responsum collects from users will never be made public or shared with others without explicit authorization from the user. However, if you post PII on the public areas of the site (e.g., via chat rooms or comments), that PII is generally accessible to and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other forms of contact from others. You are therefore advised to exercise caution and discretion when posting PII in such areas of the site. You are solely responsible for the information and other content you post on or through the site.
NPII we collect when you visit the site may include:
- your IP address
- your approximate geographic location
- the operating system you are using
- the Internet browser you are using
- the Web page you requested to visit
3. How is my personal information used?
Depending on the portion of the service and site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways:
- Responsum will use the information you provide to us to personalize your Newsfeed.
- Responsum will use the information you provide to us to customize the content that populates the Resources Page.
- If you comment on the site, and your comment violates our Terms, we may use the contact information you provided in order to comment to notify you of the policy violation.
- We may use your NPII to monitor site usage trends and improve the User experience.
- We may disclose your PII if required to do so by process of law, or if necessary in order to investigate fraud, a violation of our Terms, or in connection with any harm being caused to a third party or their rights.
- We may use PII about you to respond to your requests, such as to answer your questions about using the site, content you may have posted, your experience using the site, and to provide you with clarifications, explanations, or perhaps the benefits offered by features in the site.
- Finally, we may use PII about you for our internal business purposes, including, in particular, to help us determine usage of all of our features and help us improve our product generally, and better customize each user’s experience. We also use PII for related internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing the site, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our messaging.
4. Who else will have access to my personal information?
Responsum staff may sometimes need access to a user’s PII in the course of troubleshooting problems or resolving complaints. Responsum may share certain de-identified information from Responsum users to partners, such as pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturers and academic institutions that are researching and analyzing ways to better understand patient experience and improve treatment and patient outcomes. Before delivery or exposure of this information, Responsum will remove users’ private data to eliminate the risk of any partner identifying any particular patient.
We will never share users’ PII with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Responsum, any affiliate, or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from site users to the acquiring party or assignee.
5. What about cookies?
You can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third-party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features of the service.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
6. How do I edit my personal information?
As a Responsum user, you have access to all the information we have about you and retain the ability to edit your personal profile at any time.
7. How do I delete my Membership account?
If you would like to delete your Membership account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address associated with your account.
Please let us know your username in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. In addition, we have the right to delete any account at any time if required to do so by process of law, or if necessary in order to investigate fraud, a violation of our Terms, or in connection with any harm being caused to a third party or their rights.
8. How secure is my personal information?
We use state-of-the-art administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard your PII against loss, theft, or unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Our website and service are fully HIPAA compliant, meaning that Responsum meets the standards set for protecting sensitive patient data as directed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Responsum will retain PII about its users for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or our data retention policies unless a longer retention period is required by law. However, Responsum cannot guarantee the integrity or authenticity of any data that users provide about themselves.
Although nobody can completely guarantee the security of anyone’s PII, we make all legally required and commercially reasonable efforts to protect your PII from loss, misuse, or alteration by any unauthorized user. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet, however.
Responsum will never collect or retain a user’s personal financial information (“PFI”), such as credit card data.
Responsum will never share a users’ PII with a third party without their express authorization.
Responsum will retain PII about its users for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or our data retention policies unless a longer retention period is required by law. However, we cannot guarantee the integrity or authenticity of any data that users provide about themselves.
9. Contacting Us