Responsum Health’s mission is to empower people through community, knowledge, and support, and it’s essential that all of our members feel welcome, respected, and safe when using any of our platforms. Within each platform, members can interact on Newsfeed articles, in the Community Chat, and via a direct, or private, messaging system. The following community guidelines are intended to build and maintain a healthy digital environment.
What’s Encouraged in the Community Chat
The Community Chat allows members to connect by creating and responding to posts. You are encouraged to:
- Be kind, respectful, and supportive, regardless of differing points of view
- Share your personal experiences of your chronic condition or disease
- Ask about other members’ experiences
- Find support from people who have had similar experiences to you
- Help other members by sharing tips and resources that helped you
- Offer words of encouragement and support
Depending on the nature of your post, you may receive a reply from a member of the Expert Advisory Council (EAC). Each platform has an EAC made up of individuals and advocacy, education, and healthcare organizations dedicated to your chronic condition or disease. You will know you’ve gotten a response from an EAC member by the badge on their profile.
Responsum Health, including EAC members, cannot legally provide you with medical advice, diagnoses, or similar. When an EAC member responds to your post, their goal is to help you find a way to communicate your questions and concerns to your doctor or care team, to get the medical answers you need.
What’s Prohibited in the Community Chat
- Bullying, defamatory remarks, false statements, harassment, personal attacks, and/or prejudiced comments of any kind
- Posting pornographic, violent, or otherwise inappropriate content in messages, chats, or on their profiles
- Sending “spam,” or unwanted messages, to other members or via posts to all members in the Community Chat
- Dispensing or promoting medical advice or treatments to other members. Our community moderators can help you if you’re unsure how to share something without giving medical advice—just send us a note!
- Using any Responsum Health platform to promote, advertise, or sell any goods or services
- Soliciting money from community members for any reason, or trolling the community for potential people to solicit money from
- Illegal activity, or discussion involving illegal activity. Any such content may be reported by Responsum Health to the appropriate authorities.
Responsum Health has the responsibility and right to remove unauthorized or inappropriate content from the platform and app at its discretion.
Reporting a Violation
Please speak up if you see something.
While our team works hard to monitor the platforms, it’s essential that we have your support if you see anything that goes against these guidelines. When we work together, we can make sure to guarantee a safe space for everyone.
Please abstain from responding directly to any posts that violate the guidelines, especially anything that is concerning and/or inflammatory. We advise you to contact us directly to report the issue, and we’ll make sure to take appropriate actions. Your name and personal information will never be revealed, and your privacy will be fully protected.
- To report a community member’s post, click on the icon with three dots in the top right corner of the post. You can then click the “Report/Block” button to report the post.
- To report or block a community member, click on their profile in the column on the right-hand side of the app while in the Community Chat. From there, click on the icon with three dots next to the “Send Message” button. You can then select the option “Block/Report.”
You can also report something to us by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Calling or sending a text message to (202) 480-9607
What happens when I report a post or community member?
- When you report a post, it will no longer appear in your app, but other users will still be able to see the post.
- When you report or block a community member, you will no longer see their posts nor activity in the app, but other users will still be able to see their posts and activity.
Will I know if I’ve been reported?
You will not be alerted until:
- Your post has been reported three times
- You have been blocked or reported three times
Once you’ve received three reports or blocks, the Responsum Health team will alert you that your account is under review. After your account has been reviewed, Responsum Health may permanently ban you from the app if deemed necessary.
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. Violation of the guidelines may result in a warning, removal of content, suspension of posting privileges, or expulsion from the Responsum Health community. This decision will be at the sole discretion of Responsum Health.
By signing up for one of our platforms and joining the Responsum Health community, you are considered to have knowledge of and be in agreement with the community guidelines.